SwingEmpire FormBuilder is a framework to help building form-based GUIs with JGoodies Forms. The basic driving theme is to keep different roles of developing a GUI on top of an arbitrary business model as decoupled from each other as possible - which will make it flexible, easily (re-)usable and powerful.
The package has two major parts: a visual builder to create the layout and presentation details of a form and a loader framework to use this layout.
- rapid visual design of form-oriented GUIs
- targeted on JGoodies Forms
- re-usable layout data
- immediate preview in choosable LookAndFeels
- persisting layout data separated from application code
- persisting via standard XMLEncoder
- pluggable custom components
- pluggable persistence format
- integrated StyleEditor for logical layout styles
- easy data binding (on top of JGoodies Binding)
- support of ResourceBundles for presentation attributes
Note: The builder is deliberately not a WYSIWYG builder: the layout should
be described independently of any concrete widget toolkit. Instead, the result of the
building process is used to drive a preview of a container hooked
to a given toolkit (here a UIFactory producing Swing widgets is used).